BOATING ON ŠTRBSKÉ PLESO is a popular free time activity with a touch of nostalgia. The tradition of boating in the Tatras is more than 130 years old. Boating on Štrbské pleso was restored in 2008 after 25 years.
Visitors can now enjoy beautiful views of Mt. Solisko and a calm surface of this unique tarn, which was even about to become one of Seven Wonders of the World.
There are 18 stylish rowing boats made of wood and 1 sports boat at disposal, all prepared at a new pier with a beautiful view of Tatra peaks. Hiring a private rower is a special experience that can be arranged as well.
- It is forbidden to fish, angle or feed the wild ducks and fish while boating.
- It is not allowed to take any food or luggage onto the boat. Luggage can be left with the staff at the pier free of charge.
- Smoking, shouting and throwing rubbish into the tarn is strongly forbidden.
- It is forbidden to swim in the water and jump from the boat into the tarn.
- You can get on and off the boat at the pier only. It is not allowed to dock a boat outside the pier and go ashore.
- It is forbidden to row the boat under the influence of alcohol, drugs and endanger the safety of others while boating.