Enjoy a real winter idyll in the High Tatras on skis or without them. There are about 20 km of marked tourist trails in the alpine zone available every winter so that the tourists can enjoy their winter holidays in the Tatras to the fullest.
A snow crèche at Rainer´s chalet, waterfalls of Studený potok (brook), hiking trips along Tatra valleys or walks across a romantic, snow-covered winter country – this is just to illustrate what the winter in the Tatras has to offer.
Lovers of winter hiking will be attracted by tourist trails that lead to 12 alpine chalets open all year round and offer beautiful views of snow-covered Tatra peaks.
Suggested hiking trips in the winter:
INSTRUCTIONS OF THE MOUNTAIN RESCUE SERVICE
(1) Check the track for your planned hiking trip on a map or in a tourist guide.
(2) If needed, use services of a mountain guide.
(3) Start your trip early in the morning and finish it before dawn.
(4) The descent usually takes approx. 70% of the ascent time.
(5) When walking in a mountain terrain, hiking poles may help you.
(6) Take appropriate clothes and equipment according to the season of the year, level of difficulty and length of the trip.
(7) Don´t forget to take food and enough liquids.
(8) In emergency situations, call the Mountain Rescue Service: 18 300.