It doesn’t matter what country he comes from, but whether you are vaccinated. If you are not vaccinated, you must quarantine, which can be completed by PCR at the earliest on day 5. From 19.7.2021 it is necessary to be COMPLETELY VACCINED. The border regime and the obligation of domestic isolation are also regulated.
General rules for arrivals from abroad
- No later than upon entry in the territory of the Slovak Republic, people arriving in Slovakia must register at https://korona.gov.sk/en/ehranica/ and must be able, when requested, to show proof of registration during their stay in Slovakia.
- People arriving in the Slovak Republic by air are also obliged to fill in the form of passenger location: https://www.mindop.sk/covid/forms.
- All unvaccinated people entering the territory of the Slovak Republic from 19 July, 6:00 hours must enter self-isolation, which ends, in case of asymptomatic course and without testing on the 14th day.
- Children under 12 do not need to register. A child under 12 years of age does not need to be tested, quarantine ends when another unvaccinated member of the household (e.g., when other members of household receive negative RT-PCR test results, after being tested on 5th day of isolation).
- Persons from 12 to 18 years old have their first registration valid by 9 August 2021. Persons from 12 to 18 years of age do not have to enter self-isolation if no one else in the common household has mandatory quarantine (e.g., if both parents are vaccinated) – temporarily until 9 August 2021, after this date entry requirements depend solely on their vaccination status.
- If, after arrival from abroad, people have COVID-19 symptoms, they have to report this to their attending physician or pediatrician; if they do not have an attending physician in the Slovak Republic, they shall inform a locally competent physician of the self-governing region or call 112.
- Registration form via eHranica must be filled in at the time of an entry.
- All unvaccinated people entering Slovakia must undergo self-isolation.
- Self-isolation will end:
- in the case of an asymptomatic course by completing its 14th day, or
- by obtaining a negative result from an RT-PCR test for COVID-19. You can
- take the test at the earliest on the fifth day of isolation
- After filling in the eHranica form you will be automatically registered for RT-PCR testing.
- Isolation of children under the age of twelve terminates (if asymptomatic) by ending the isolation of persons living with them in the same household.
- During the period of home isolation, isolation is also obligatory for people living in the same household (even if they themselves did not travel).
Specified exemptions for unvaccinated persons
If you have not yet received any vaccination against COVID-19, you can still apply for one of several exemptions from mandatory home isolation. These exemptions are broken down on the form based on the conditions you must meet to claim them:
Exemptions that require a negative RT-PCR test result no older than 72 hours
- permanent contraindications to vaccination on the basis of a doctor’s certificate in accordance with Annex 4 of the Decree,
- you are entering or leaving Slovakia for a short period of time in order to attend the funeral of a loved one or you are an accompanying person and you have a certificate to that effect,
- you are performing a political function (official visits, delegations, MEPs, embassies),
- exemptions granted by ministries,
- players of a sports team, members of the management committee or referees,
- working in culture or research (editors, actors, restorers, etc.)
Exemptions that require a negative RT-PCR test result no older than 7 days
- pupils and students
- persons caring for close relatives
Exceptions requiring a negative antigen test result not older than 7 days
- pupils and students
Exemptions not requiring a negative test result
- Drivers or crew members (transport – rail, passenger, air, freight, bus, boat, airport transport, repatriation of persons, funeral service, medical service – transport of patients, organs and blood)
Exemptions granted by ministries
- If you are arriving in Slovakia by air, you are also required to register at https://www.mindop.sk/covid/.
If you do not meet the terms of an exception, you must take a compulsory domestic isolation.
Exemptions from compulsory home isolation
The following do not have to enter compulsory isolation:
- Fully vaccinated persons,
- Persons between 12 and 18 years of age, provided that no person in the same household is subject to the home isolation regime (eHranica registration valid until 9.8.2021).
Home isolation after arrival in Slovakia
All persons entering the Slovak Republic from 06:00 on 9 July 2021 who are not subject to exemptions are ordered to be isolated in a home environment or quarantine accommodation.
When does home isolation end?
If the isolation is asymptomatic, the isolation will end on day 14 or upon receipt of a negative RT-PCR test result for COVID-19, which can be performed no earlier than the fifth day of isolation.
Home isolation of children under 12 years of age
If the course of isolation is asymptomatic, quarantine of children under 12 years of age shall be completed with their parents or persons living in the same household as them.
Domestic isolation of cohabitants
All persons sharing a household with a person in home isolation must follow the same rules throughout the period of isolation until the isolation of the person is ended.
Obligation to show proof of RT-PCR test no older than 72 hours
Persons arriving in Slovakia by air from countries not on the following list are required to present an RT-PCR test no older than 72 hours.
Other exemptions from compulsory home isolation CAN BE FOUND HERE!
Definition of fully vaccinated persons
For the purposes of the Decree, a fully vaccinated person is defined as:
- A person at least 14 days but not more than 12 months after the administration of the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine with a two-dose schedule (the validity of registration in eHranica is 6 months),
- a person at least 21 days but not more than 12 months after the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine with a single-dose schedule (eHranica registration validity is 6 months),
- a person at least 14 days but not more than 12 months after the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine if the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine was administered within 180 days of overcoming COVID-19 (eHranica registration validity is 6 months),
Transit through Slovakia without registration to eHranica – drivers and crew
- For crossing the territory of Slovakia, it is still valid to pass without stopping except for refuelling,
- transit must be completed within 8 hours,
- no need to pre-register with eHranica for transit,
They wrote about the TatrasGo to Facebook
wunderschöne Landschaft und freundliche Menschen DankeschönGeorg Horn
Great place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Otto Katona
One of the most beautiful places! We keep coming back! Insider Tipp: Enjoying a meal at Restaurant Fortuna in Spisska Sobota! Small and totally unexpected, but they would deserve a michelin star or at least a falstaff votingMiriam Bentfeld
bellissimo e perfetto per gira in famigliaGiuseppe Ganci
This is the most gorgeous place - an undiscovered paradise with very reasonable prices. We had so much fun rowing a boat at Stary Pleso, hiking the mountains, and eating pierogi at the Grand Hotel Kempinski. The air was clean and you could see stars shining so brightly in the night sky. In the evenings, colorful thunderstorms would roll through and it was just so cozy. We had a wonderful and memorable family vacation here and will be back again.Krysten Jenci
Megnifico....... beautiful mountains.... .. roads very good condition speechless....Jacek Baca
Superb view!Ilona Ilonciks
Nice place. Greatfull nature. Friendly People. I like it.Kai Stamm
Отдых ........... Природа суперЯна Рішко
Beautiful place with most beautiful views. Fantastic for active people who like hiking in the mountains.Ela Sobota
Určite áno, na Slovensku je to naj čo Slovensko máPatrik Draxler
Hoci sme stihli len Hrebienok, Beliansku jaskyňu, Bachledku a Štrbské pleso, boli sme nadšení a uchvátení. Prekrásna príroda, dobré služby, výborná strava a všade ochotný personál. Už teraz sa tešíme na ďalší pobyt! <3Jaroslava Bašistová
Je to tam krásný 😁 hodný lidi a je to jen 7 hodin vlakem, super 😍Zdenka Lébrová
Tatry su moja srdcovka a nech som kdekoľvek vzdy ma nabijú pozitívnou energiou a pozitívnym myslením. Stále mam usmev na tváři ako malé decko a v poslednej dobe mam stále stastie Aj na perfektne pocasie a skvělých ludi ❤️Livia Laylla Lukacova
Tatry sú krásne a je tam čo obzerať veľmi sa nám tam páčilo, no pre zlé počasie sme všetko nestihli pozrieť tak určite sa tam ešte raz niekedy vrátime. Čo sa nám tam ale nepáčilo bolo parkovanie mali sme problém niekde zaparkovať, keďže tam bolo toľko veľa ľudí.Lucia Raškovská
The most beautiful place I've ever seen before. I was astonished at this place. I will come back very soon.Van Sinn
Kľud, pohoda, užili sme si to s rodinou. Poriadne. Hlavne kľud od ľudi-vorkoholikov, ktori sa stále len ponáhľajú a vlastne nič nemajú, lebo nikdy nikde neboli len práca, doma a nič iné. Nevedia si nič užiť, ani vlastný život, ani peniaze pre ktoré by si nechali prevŕtať koleno, len aby im nič neutieklo z účtu. Také chvíle su liekom na všetko. Ticho, pohoda.....na nezaplatenieIfbb Marek Leder
Nie nadarmo sa hovorí, že Tatry sú pýchou Slovenska. Krásne miesta, nádherné štíty a príroda.Martin Lörinc
A hiker's paradise. Trails are nicely groomed and scenery glorious!Kim Beaudet
Ve Vysokých Tatrách je vždy krásně. Se správnou partou dobrých lidí a dobře zvolenou trasou na výšlap není možné, aby člověk nebyl spokojen. S ubytováním jsme byli pokaždé maximálně spokojení.Monika Marančáková
Krásně strávené jarní prázdniny. Lyžařské podmínky pro děti byly perfektní. Široké sjezdové tratě, přehledný terén, perfektní služby a moc příjemní lidé. Určitě se sem vrátíme.Denisa Nováčková
Przepiękne góry, szlaki zachęcające do wędrówek, pozytywni ludzie słowem świetne miejsce na codzień jak i wakacje :)Piotr Wróbel
Wypoczynek w Tatrach od południowej, słowackiej strony to jednak inne doświadczenia niż w powiecie nowotarskim. Łatwość dojazdu, brak korków, mało ludzi, brak wszechobecnych góralskich bud z wszelkim dobrem, cisza, spokój, swietnie przygotowane stoki, bardzo dobra infrastruktura w zakresie zakwaterowania typu pensjonat (z ciepła woda 24h). Oprócz tego fajni, przyjaźni ludzie.Michał Frontczak