It doesn’t matter what country he comes from, but whether you are vaccinated. If you are not vaccinated, you must quarantine, which can be completed by PCR at the earliest on day 5. From 19.7.2021 it is necessary to be COMPLETELY VACCINED. The border regime and the obligation of domestic isolation are also regulated.
General rules for arrivals from abroad
- No later than upon entry in the territory of the Slovak Republic, people arriving in Slovakia must register at https://korona.gov.sk/en/ehranica/ and must be able, when requested, to show proof of registration during their stay in Slovakia.
- People arriving in the Slovak Republic by air are also obliged to fill in the form of passenger location: https://www.mindop.sk/covid/forms.
- All unvaccinated people entering the territory of the Slovak Republic from 19 July, 6:00 hours must enter self-isolation, which ends, in case of asymptomatic course and without testing on the 14th day.
- Children under 12 do not need to register. A child under 12 years of age does not need to be tested, quarantine ends when another unvaccinated member of the household (e.g., when other members of household receive negative RT-PCR test results, after being tested on 5th day of isolation).
- Persons from 12 to 18 years old have their first registration valid by 9 August 2021. Persons from 12 to 18 years of age do not have to enter self-isolation if no one else in the common household has mandatory quarantine (e.g., if both parents are vaccinated) – temporarily until 9 August 2021, after this date entry requirements depend solely on their vaccination status.
- If, after arrival from abroad, people have COVID-19 symptoms, they have to report this to their attending physician or pediatrician; if they do not have an attending physician in the Slovak Republic, they shall inform a locally competent physician of the self-governing region or call 112.
- Registration form via eHranica must be filled in at the time of an entry.
- All unvaccinated people entering Slovakia must undergo self-isolation.
- Self-isolation will end:
- in the case of an asymptomatic course by completing its 14th day, or
- by obtaining a negative result from an RT-PCR test for COVID-19. You can
- take the test at the earliest on the fifth day of isolation
- After filling in the eHranica form you will be automatically registered for RT-PCR testing.
- Isolation of children under the age of twelve terminates (if asymptomatic) by ending the isolation of persons living with them in the same household.
- During the period of home isolation, isolation is also obligatory for people living in the same household (even if they themselves did not travel).
Specified exemptions for unvaccinated
If you have
not yet received any vaccination against COVID-19, you can still apply for one
of several exemptions from mandatory home isolation. These exemptions are
broken down on the form based on the conditions you must meet to claim them:
Exemptions that require a negative
RT-PCR test result no older than 72 hours
- permanent contraindications to
vaccination on the basis of a doctor’s certificate in accordance with Annex 4
of the Decree,
- you are entering or leaving Slovakia
for a short period of time in order to attend the funeral of a loved one or you
are an accompanying person and you have a certificate to that effect,
- you are performing a political
function (official visits, delegations, MEPs, embassies),
- exemptions granted by ministries,
- players of a sports team, members of
the management committee or referees,
- working in culture or research
(editors, actors, restorers, etc.)
Exemptions that require a negative
RT-PCR test result no older than 7 days
- pupils and students
- persons caring for close relatives
Exceptions requiring a negative
antigen test result not older than 7 days
Exemptions not requiring a negative
- Drivers or crew members (transport –
rail, passenger, air, freight, bus, boat, airport transport, repatriation of
persons, funeral service, medical service – transport of patients, organs and
Exemptions granted by
If you do
not meet the terms of an exception, you must take a compulsory domestic
Exemptions from compulsory home
following do not have to enter compulsory isolation:
- Fully vaccinated persons,
- Persons between 12 and 18 years of
age, provided that no person in the same household is subject to the home
isolation regime (eHranica registration valid until 9.8.2021).
isolation after arrival in Slovakia
entering the Slovak Republic from 06:00 on 9 July 2021 who are not subject to
exemptions are ordered to be isolated in a home environment or quarantine
When does home isolation end?
isolation is asymptomatic, the isolation will end on day 14 or upon receipt of
a negative RT-PCR test result for COVID-19, which can be performed no earlier
than the fifth day of isolation.
Home isolation of children under 12
years of age
course of isolation is asymptomatic, quarantine of children under 12 years of
age shall be completed with their parents or persons living in the same
household as them.
Domestic isolation of cohabitants
sharing a household with a person in home isolation must follow the same rules
throughout the period of isolation until the isolation of the person is
Obligation to show proof of RT-PCR
test no older than 72 hours
arriving in Slovakia by air from countries not on the following list are
required to present an RT-PCR test no older than 72 hours.
Other exemptions from compulsory home isolation CAN BE FOUND HERE!
Definition of fully vaccinated persons
purposes of the Decree, a fully vaccinated person is defined as:
- A person at least 14 days but not
more than 12 months after the administration of the second dose of the COVID-19
vaccine with a two-dose schedule (the validity of registration in eHranica is 6
- a person at least 21 days but not
more than 12 months after the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine with a single-dose
schedule (eHranica registration validity is 6 months),
- a person at least 14 days but not
more than 12 months after the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine if the first dose
of COVID-19 vaccine was administered within 180 days of overcoming COVID-19
(eHranica registration validity is 6 months),
Transit through Slovakia without registration to eHranica – drivers and crew
- For crossing the territory of
Slovakia, it is still valid to pass without stopping except for refuelling,
- transit must be completed within 8
- no need to pre-register with eHranica